Safety & Community
Driving with Road Trains Campaigns
Directhaul and Ausfuel in conjunction with the Road Safety Branch of the Department of Planning and Infrastructure has conducted awareness campaigns "Driving with Road Trains" since June 2004. We have updated the commercials in June 2010. They will be on the air in September 2010.
Educating the public on driving and sharing the road with road trains:
- Safe driving practices: towing, overtaking, night driving, speed.
- Driving in remote locations and fatigue
- Road safety in Aboriginal communities, pedestrian safety
Leaders in Health & Safety
- Fatigue management programs incorporate satellite tracking with remote ‘man-down' alarms.
- Directhaul's outstanding driving record, comprehensive policies and procedures are recognised by our insurance broker when negotiating premiums.
- BP Carrier Audit - Directhaul Tops Results
- Consistently achieving results in the top 2% of all BP carriers.
- Scored 100% in 2007. A result never achieved by any other BP Carrier.